Monday, October 7, 2019

Oct 2019 Update

It has been 3 years since my last update and
over 7 years of this nightmare. We are still
in limbo not knowing what to do. Much has
happened, so I will do my best to present it.
If you do not know our story, please stop and
go to the previous post titled "Our Story". My previous plan to keep the family (at least
our minor children) together did not last. Eduardo was only able to complete 8th grade
here. Even though I was taking him back to
the U.S. every 5 months, we were informed
that he could lose his permanent residency if he stayed with us in Honduras. He moved
in with grandma in Florida and started High School (9th Grade). This will be his
Senior year at his high school and he is doing
well and in ROTC. He plans on taking his
citizenship test when he turns 18 next year
and is looking at joining the Navy. We were contacted by some local friends 2
years ago who told Olga to contact someone they knew who worked with the US Embassy
here in Honduras. Olga met with the man and he thought he would be able to have Olga’s
case reviewed. Olga gave him her information
and we waited. After 5 months she spoke to
him again and he claimed Olga’s file was
denied from one of his supervisors. He claimed
they had notes on me and did not like my attitude.
He also stated I worked and a Nuclear Plant.
What does my attitude have to do with my wife’s denial? He said we could try offering
the supervisor money, we declined and ended all contact with this man. I called our lawyer
and asked if we could request our file under
the freedom of information act. The lawyer
informed me that notes are able to be held
back from requests.
I am not sure if there are actually notes about
me in my wife’s file. While I was working at
the Nuclear Plant, I was working a lot of graves.
During this time, I had downloaded a copy of the USCIS Adjudicator’s Field Manual.
I wrote many emails showing where they made
mistakes. Maybe they do not like someone pointing out their
errors. Last month, I was able to find the man who USCIS
claims Olga smuggled into the US. He is married,
has two children and owns a home in New Orleans.
I was able to find the phone number to his wife as
well as email address. I sent them emails and left
voicemails asking for their help. I requested the following: I am writing to ask if Fred could write a letter
stating: 1. They are not related 2. Olga did not pay for him to come to the U.S. 3. They first met on the trip to the U.S. 4. When they crossed the border, they followed the
coyotes instructions on what to say.
We did not hear back from them. I found his mother’s
Facebook page and sent her a message requesting the
same. I was hoping that since she was the one who
paid for her son to cross the border she would at least
respond. Nothing. Finally on October 2nd of this year,
we received an email from his wife stating they can not
assist us. She also sent me a copy of a letter from their
lawyer requesting I no longer contact them. Wow, I can
only guess that he claimed he was a minor when DACA
began and is using that to stay in the US.
On a funnier note. there are people here in Honduras that
think I work for ICE. Oh the irony! I guess I can understand
what they are thinking. Why else would a clean cut, fit (well
in my mind I am), white male be roaming around their city
in non-tourist areas.
The only reason we are still here in Honduras is because
someone lied and claimed they questioned my wife about
smuggling someone across the border. I was in the interview
(October 2012) and this question was NEVER asked.
We have exhausted almost all our funds and Olga does not
want to spend anymore on lawyers. Jobs are difficult to find
here and I may be forced to return to the States to find work
to support my family. All I can do is fall back on my faith
and believe God has some sort of plan for all this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment