Saturday, September 3, 2016

Congressional Help

In July of 2016, I stopped by my Congresswoman’s office while I was in California. I requested their assistance on arranging an appointment at the U.S. Embassy in Honduras. Their office listened to our nightmare and agreed to help.

In August of 2016, they wrote to the embassy and the embassy replied that we needed to take the case up with USCIS. They then wrote to USCIS. USCIS decided that the case was so complex that they called the Congresswoman’s office to explain that the case was closed. The Congresswoman’s office then requested the embassy interview Olga since she was banned from entering the country and not questioned on the charges. The embassy responded that Olga was asked during her interview in October 2012 and admitted smuggling a person into the country. What!!!!


I was at the interview at the U.S. Embassy on October 16, 2012 and we were never asked ANY questions about smuggling anyone. I have the email from the embassy stating the reasons Olga was denied her Visa and that was not listed. Why would someone from the embassy say this? I sent a copy of the email to the Congresswoman’s office and the embassy was contacted again. The response was, take it up with USCIS. USCIS has an office in El Salvador so now I am trying to get an appointment there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment